SEMINAR LESSONS: Benefits of Branding for Nonprofits
Nonprofits can focus their message, appear more professional and attract donors when they have a strong brand. These were the key points I made in a workshop at the Support Center for Nonprofit Management yesterday. The 3-hour session helped nonprofits to understand the essential steps in the branding process which include: Conducting Research, Developing Your Message, Creating Your Visual Identity, Establish a Brand Infrastructure and Producing Outreach Materials. The workshop also emphasized the prominence of images over long text and included checklists for assessing your nonprofit name, nonprofit tagline and nonprofit logo. Key Take-Aways from the Webinar:
- A strong brand is essential to appeal to donors today.
- With over a million nonprofits, it’s important to distinguish your organization.
- A strong brand can help you convey your mission.
- The world communicates now through images first, then words.
- Branding is a 5-step process that moves from research to outreach.
- Research can help you uncover the perceptions that people have of your organization.
- A good tagline can help differentiate your nonprofit and excite donors.
- Your logo is the entry point for your brand.
- Pictures using people can help tell your story.
- A strong brand extends through all marketing materials.
Contact us if you need help in reviving your brand: 212-673-9353.